At Positive School, we believe that excellence in education is based on the ability to listen and the personalization of the instruction, which are only possible with a small number of students per classroom.
Our goals :
- Allowing each child to progress, to discover and to blossom, by offering a truly differentiated pedagogy fitted to the developmental needs of the child ;
- Maintaining, finding or recovering the pleasure of learning and the joy of discovering ;
- Giving sense to what is learned, always moving from the concrete to the abstract ;
- Promoting the motivation and the natural curiosity of the child, since motivation is one of the conditions of the learning process.
Benefits of a Montessori Education
- An education based on knowledge about the development of the human being ;
- Children learn in accordance with their own rhythms and cultivate their own interests ;
- Children use materials specifically conceived to let them grasp notions in a concrete way before going farther and farther into abstraction ;
- Considering the need for the child to be actively involved as a condition for learning (exploration, gesture and cognitive processes being closely related) ;
- Teachers and other adults who cooperate with the child ;
- The development of the child constitutes her own source of reward, and consequently, of motivation ;
- The particular importance at the elementary school level of the social development of the child.
A carefully designed environment
- Layout of the workspaces maximizes the learning process and permits mutual assistance, small group and individual work, and movement that respects others and the workspace ;
- A space for cooperation where classes of different ages work together;
- Time is managed, using work surfaces according to the unique needs of each child : moments of trial and error, experimentation or oral, physical and artistic expression ;
- Based on the idea of the Zone of Proximal Development conceived by Lev Vygotsky, a space for autonomy which offers the right amount of challenge to each child in the context of clear rules.